Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Reprieve

After struggling with the "big question" in my last blog, it seems I've been given a bit of a reprieve on feeling the weight of the question regarding my possible stress fracture. I went for a run this morning and none of the symptoms stayed with me during or after my run. Hooray!

Amazing what a day will do... Today hope has dawned (even in the midst of the fog of the City). I was able to run without pain on one of my favorite routes at Crissy Field... I had a non-fat latte and a whole wheat bagel at The Warming Hut... Had a chat with a friend... and found small pieces of miracles around me.

In some way, it's the pieces of hope that help us get through tough times. On days that "aren't supposed to be like this", there are often tiny droplets of hope if we can open our eyes and hearts to see them. Sometimes they show up in nature... a sunrise, a fanciful cloud, a silvery drop of rain on a leaf, a smooth stone, a warm breeze. Sometimes pieces of hope show up in people or animals... a baby's smile, a friend's hug, the hopeful look on a dog's face... Words of a poem or in a book can be a ray of hope... or a familiar tune...

More on hope later... but for now, the wonder of being able to enjoy the little things will get me through today...

1 comment:

Jonathan Lipps said...

wow mom, i'm so glad you didn't feel the symptoms today!!