Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Timing is everything...

I'm not much of a blogger, but I've decided on a new strategy to at least try! Timing is everything... (I mentioned this in my first post, but since, that's been so long ago, it's worth mentioning again...) I think of so much that I could write during certain times that are not conducive to writing, like while I'm in the shower or while I'm running. The same thing happens about trying to keep up with friends...I "write" the most brilliant letters to them while I'm washing my hair or on the road. Of course, those "writings" go nowhere but in some ways I feel like I've actually written to them. Strange, but later I can actually ask them something like, "Didn't I tell you that already?" thinking, of course, about some random "letter" I wrote to them while running along. The brain does strange and wonderful things. Last night I had a vivid dream about zombies trying to get me... What is my brain trying to process for me? Wierd...

Anyway, coming back to timing is everything... Most mornings (when I'm home), I sit at this desk to read the Bible or some devotional or sometimes I just sit here and have conversations with God. Some mornings, I just ponder life in my context and wonder about why things are the way they are. Many times I'll write about the things that I'm learning and the things I'm wrestling with. This isn't the desk I use for work, so my mind feels free to wander. Perhaps trying to write a little during this time of the day would be more fun (for me) and productive (in terms of actual blogging).

Embracing today is different from embracing yesterday. Today, the sky is overcast and I had to turn the light on at my desk. Yesterday, the sun was so brilliant streaming in the window behind me that I could hardly see my screen. But today, I turn on the man-made light. That simple act struck me in particular because I'm currently in a study through the Bible on the word "light". I started in Genesis where God said "Let there be light" and I'm working my way through the whole Bible reading, pondering, learning from every instance where the word "light" occurs. More on that later... For now, I wonder if this timing will be better. We'll see...

No comments: